My LoCloud Services
LoCloud is launching an international competition to stimulate developers, aggregators or individual cultural institutions to use LoCloud’s services.
The finalists will be invited to present their entries at the LoCloud final event, which will be held in Amersfoort, Netherlands on 5th February 2016 and the winner will receive a prize of a smartwatch and their winning entry will be publicised by LoCloud and Europeana.
Who can participate?
We would like to encourage developers, aggregators and cultural institutions to enter.
What kind of entries are we looking for?
We are looking for entries that illustrate how you have used any LoCloud Service to collect data or make it accessible to your users. The Services include:
- LoCloud Collections
- The MoRe repository
- Enrichment services – background linking and vocabulary matching
- Geolocation service
- Geocoding application
- Historic placenames service
- Vocabulary services
- Wikimedia application
- Crawler Ready Tagging Tools
For information about the services see: http://support.locloud.eu/
Your entry can be:
- An implementation of LoCloud Collections for data management and online access by a cultural institutions
- An implementation of the MORe repository and LoCloud microservices by an aggregator
- A new application based on the LoCloud APIs by a developer, for example for metadata enrichment or crowd sourcing.
Your entry should be submitted in the form of a presentation or video demonstrating the implementation or application and its context. Applications that have been further developed following LoCloud hackathons are eligible for this competition.
Information & services
Information is available about the LoCloud services and their APIs at:http://support.locloud.eu/. Further information can be provided on request.
How do you enter?
To participate in the competition you should complete the application form. You must include a link to where your entry or a demo can be viewed online.
- Competition launch: 16th March 2015
- Submissions to country organisers by: 1st October 2015
- Nominations to international LoCloud panel: 1st November 2015
- Final event and prize awards: 5th February 2016
Representatives of the finalists will be invited to participate in the prize ceremony and their accommodation and travel costs will be covered by LoCloud.
An international selection committee has been appointed to review all the entries for the My LoCloud Services strand of the LoCloud competition, and will select the winner. The committee includes:
- Gunnar Urtegaard, National Archives of Norway
- Jill Cousins, European
- Henk Alkemade, Cultureelergfoed Netherlands
- Kate Fernie, 2Culture Associates
For any additional information on the LoCloud competition, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: All entries should be described in English.